Welcome to Sewayaki Mariko!
Sewayaki Mariko was established in March, 2019 by Mariko Kobayashi, a Japanese entrepreneur, to answer the demands of the communities of pre-preparatory school families and expat families in London. Sewayaki Mariko is a venture inspired by Japanese culture and Japanese educational discipline and manners. The business idea of Sewayaki Mariko is endorsed by The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) as part of Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa scheme and Start-up Visa scheme.
Mariko graduated with a Master’s in Social Anthropology from the LSE in 2018 and she was selected by the LSE Generate for a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa so that she can establish and operate her business in the UK.
“Educational Nanny” is the term Mariko has created to answer the demands of both local British families and expat families in London, particularly families who send 2-6 year olds to pre-preparatory school to prepare for the 7 Plus exam or/and expat families who are new to London and need English as an Additional Language or bilingual supports.
British and expat families are looking for high quality “Educational Nannies” who are qualified educators to work as both nanny and tutor. While engaging with children’s questions on paper and in real life, “Educational Nannies” answer the demands of this specifically-targeted market, providing native speaker expertise, educated and polite grooming and basic household duties for children.
The business idea of Sewayaki Mariko was born and the venture is currently in the middle of providing a matching service for such families to high-quality university students (“Educational Nannies”) in London. Moreover, Sewayaki Mariko will provide a new service inspired by the Japanese way of childcare in which the elderly in the local community share their lifelong knowledge with the next generation of children as “Educational Nannies.” Thus Sewayaki Mariko will provide experienced university graduates and accomplished seniors to support hard-working parents with younger children who want to learn these important skills. The business idea of Sewayaki Mariko was born and the venture is currently in the middle of providing a matching service for such families to high-quality university students (“Educational Nannies”) in London.
According to market research coordinated with our clients in London, there are currently no such services in the London market that match exactly with what Sewayaki Mariko offers. For example,
OUR BUSINESS AIMS TO ACHIEVE THE FOLLOWING SOCIAL IMPACTS:
- Interactive and positive learning experiences for children who sit for 7 Plus exam
- Support for expat families who are new to London
- Employment opportunities for university students and the elderly to match them with hard-working parents who seek high-quality Educational Nannies
WHAT IS EDUCATIONAL NANNY?
“Educational Nanny” is the term Mariko has created to answer the demands of both local British families and expat families in London, particularly families who send 2-6 years old children to pre-preparatory school to prepare for 7 Plus exam or/and expat families who are new to London and need English as an Additional Language or bilingual supports.
Mariko has often been consulted by clients who have unique educational needs. These families have been looking for high-quality “Educational Nannies” who are qualified to work both as nannies and tutors to engage children by answering their questions both on paper and in real life. To answer the demands for this specifically-targeted market, the business idea of Sewayaki Mariko was born and currently provides a matching service for these families with high-quality university students (“Educational Nannies”) in London or/and the elderly in the local community who would be interested in supporting the families with younger children.
Since Mariko relocated to London in fall 2017, she has been practicing her own methods of educational nanny services for pre-preparatory school families and expat families in London. She has been well received and encouraged by the communities that have inspired her to focus on catering to their educational needs on a full-time basis. According to market research coordinated with her clients in London, there are no existing services in the market that match exactly with what Sewayaki Mariko offers.
All of our current services are one-on-one or small group so we can maximize our time focusing on one child or a small group of children. We offer the following services:
- One-on-one or Small Group Educational & Academic Nanny Services
- One-on-one or Small Group 7 Plus Exam (Maths, English, Non-Verbal & Interviews) Preparation
- One-on-one or Small Group English as an Additional Language or/and Bilingual Support
- One-on-one or Small Group Educational Visits (Museums, Zoo, etc.)
- One-on-one or Small Group Japanese-style Manners & Disciplines & Life Skills to Become Independent and Global-Minded Citizens
To maximize the educational experience of the child, we focus solely on the child only during our services, which means that Educational Nannies are not allowed to use mobile phones unless it is necessary to communicate with parents.
How the Service Works
1. Request an Educational Nanny by Phone Call, Text Message or/and E-mail
Please let us know your location and the date and time of your request. Then we will arrange a suitable Educational Nanny for you. (Currently, only Mariko, is available.)
2. On the day of Educational Nannying
1. Your Educational Nanny will arrive on time at the location of choice on the requested date. This could be at your home, child/children’s school or any location advised by you.
2. Service begins after all the necessary instructions are properly given and explained by the client to the Educational Nanny.
3. If applicable, you must pay the Educational Nanny other fees that need to be reimbursed, such as bus fare or any costs incurred during the service that the Educational Nanny paid on behalf of the parents. This is due at the end of service.
3. Within 24 Hours After the Educational Nannying
We will provide you a detailed Service Report which states what activities your child/children did and any other relevant information.
What is a Service Report?
We take our Service Report very seriously. We believe that this is one of the features of our services. We will provide you more details here shortly.
- Minimum 3 hours booking per session
- Calculated per 30 minutes
Nannying and Tutoring Fee
|One-to-One Foreign Languages Immersion Educational Nanny||£20-40 / Per Hour|
|Museum Nanny||£18-25/ Per Hour|
|One-to-One Face-to-Face Tutoring||£20-40/ Per Hour|
|Tutoring for Junior High School Age Above||£30-45 / Per Hour|
|Late Night & Early Morning (21:00-08:00)||£12-13 / Per Hour|
Round-Trip Transportation Fee
|Weekends & Holidays||+ £2 / per hour|
|Easter & Christmas & New Year||+ £2 / per hour (Easter & Dec 23 to Jan 3)|
|Urgent Booking for the next 24 hrs||+ £15|
1. English-Immersion Educational Nanny (Study support, 7 plus & 11 plus preparations.)
|£20-40 / 1 hour|
2. Japanese or other Language(s)-Immersion Nanny (Study support, 7 plus & 11 plus preparations. Nannying entirely in Japanese or other languages and provision of feedback to the parents in Japanese or other languages).
|£20-40 / 1 hour|
3. Museum Nanny (English-immersion, Japanese or other language(s)-immersion or bilingual)
|£18-25 / 1 hour|
4. Overnight nannying (fixed-price) e.g. from 18:00 on Day 1 to 07:00 in the morning the next day
It is around 18:00 on Thursday. There is a situation and nobody can pick up your child at 15:30 on Friday which is within 24 hours from now. You informed us that you would need our services. An additional £15 will be added on top of the regular service fee.
|Changed/Canceled more than 7 days before the booking time||100% Refund|
|Changed/Canceled before 5-6 days before the booking time||70% Refund|
|Changed/Canceled 2-4 days before the booking time||50% Refund|
|Changed/Canceled 24 hours before the booking time||0% Refund|
e.g. You have a booking for Thursday, 15:30-18:30 and informed us that you would like to change or cancel at 12:00 noon on the previous day, Wednesday. 50% will be refunded.